Sunday, June 28, 2009

SKETCHBOOK: "A Few More Bots"

Okay...technically, these images were not done in a "real" sketchbook, but are digital. I was just playing around in Photoshop, trying out some brush effects. I have no idea what the first bot is running from, nor what that glowing light thingy is...I just sort of went with the flow as I painted.

The "waving bot" was just a quick study on color variations.

The "fish bot" was a test to build the drawing up from a dark underpainting, then "carve" out the linework with lighter colors. It was also inspired by the fish-bot sketches below that I had done earlier.
These little guys were done a while back, while I was at my daughter Courtney's swim meets. I'd noodle in my sketchbook between her events. I threw in a little color for the blog.

No comments: