Sunday, February 14, 2010

SCULPTURE - "Boarbarian" pt.3

Here are some of the transitions the Boarbarian has been going through. I loosely wired on the hammer temporarily...that will be the last thing added, after the rest of the sculpting is done. I'll be creating "hoof-hands" made from epoxy, because I don't think that Sculpy can handle the torque-tension of the hammer. The image on the right shows that the detailing has begun.

Once the final pose was decided upon in the block-in phase, I had too much clay in the belly area. So I cut it away, and back-filled with foil. Then I started on the belt design...I'm sticking with the Celtic elements.

Here are some images of the wrist guards. I purposely went with an asymetrical approach.

After this stage, I will move on to the head sculpt. But that's for next time!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its amazing how big all this stuff is when you see it on a computer screen. I have been looking at it on my ipod.I have spell checker now. Key board is a lot bigger also. Your work is unbelievable. I like to watch you do this stuff.Lil.Bro.

Warren said...

I can tell the difference in your typing skills, now that you aren't using keys the size of BB's on the ipod. You get an "A", Lil' Bro!

Glad you like the sculpts. I'm really enjoying working on these goofy things. But I can't hold a candle to the cool cabinets and woodworking that you do, Kris. You've got skills!

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christopher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Warren said...

Thanks, Christopher!!!! I now have switched over to monitoring all comments before they are posted.

Dang those losers out there!

Christopher said...

No Problemo... was it the comment or the phone call ha! I called the house but the answering machine picked up on the first ring so either you never use your house phone or you still have dial up and someone was on the computer.

At first I thought it was a cool post from some artist in a foreign country. I use Google translate quite a bit. I didn't even notice the words were clickable at first but once I translated them I got the gist of what was going on heh...
Anyhow, nice work on the Boarbarian! Can't wait to see it done.