Thursday, June 17, 2010

SKETCHBOOK - "Oil Change"

It's been two months since I've taken my sketchbook out with me. Had to take my mini-van in to get an oil change last Saturday, so I figured I'd find something to draw while I waited. The guy above was in the customer service room asleep...he woke up and left before I could finish the rest of him.

Below is a trio of sketches of some guy intently focused on his laptop...a study of the "chin-holding positions of pondering".

This next sketch is one of my favorite modes of transportation. I love golf carts, but I don't play golf. I want to get one and have it all "tricked out" with mag wheels, flames painted on the sides, and giant fake exhaust pipes shooting out the back. Might as well throw in the hydraulics for some low-rider action, too...sweet ride.
Finished drawing the Stop sign just before a downpour of torrential rain. I have to take my other van in for an oil change this Saturday morning. We'll see what I sketch up then.

1 comment:

John Lambshead said...

You have captured the chap in the top picture wonderfully.