Saturday, July 23, 2011

SKETCHBOOK - "Trip To Monterey" Prequel


Just wanted to let you know about a cool trip I'm taking on Tuesday, July 26. After hearing about vacations that friends have been going on this summer, I started thinking, "Well, Warren, what's stoppin' you from taking one yourself?!" I've been working hard painting rooms in my house for the last month, and am ready for a break. My daughter, Jenni, has been to Monterey, California a couple of times, and I was totally taken in by the gorgeous photos she took on her trips there. So...Monterey...HERE I COME!! I'll be out there for almost a week.

I've purchased a new sketchbook, watercolors, pastels, pens, and (the best part) a new Stetson hat for my "artist retreat". I plan to wander aimlessly, with no ipod, no computer, no deadlines, and no art directors. I want to just "be" for a few days on the beach, scanning the rocky coastline for interesting treasures, taking photos, and sketching whatever I feel like. I'll have my phone, of course. I'll even meet up with my daughter, Jen, and her beau, Brad, for one day, as they drive down from Lake Tahoe.

I'll be posting the sketches and photos from my adventure upon my return. Stay Tuned!

(The image above is some Photoshop magic using pictures taken by Jen, and my late wife, Cathy. However, if I find a cute Seagull to wear, I may ditch the Stetson...I kind of like the look.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha :) Be careful of those guys- they tend to use the restroom at the most inconvenient times. See you next week!- J

John Lambshead said...

I went to a meeting at the Monterey aquarium many years ago. Lovely town.

Debra hammond said...

Take some great pics, too. Have a relaxing, healing time!!

BP in NC said...

Bon Voyage, Warren! Look at everything twice, so you can share it with us in your fan club.

Warren said...

Got to get up at 5:00 in the morning to catch a flight. Thanks for the well-wishes...I may be too jazzed to sleep much tonight!

Debra hammond said...

Ok time to update ur blog. Have to live life through ole buddie's adventures lol. Please relax. They say salt is good for You. Breathe deeply Warren !!!!

BaronVonJ said...

No Art Directors....Hey! Wait a minute....